Um…hello. I am still alive!
I have some projects and other fun knitty things to share but I have been too bone-dead tired to take photos and write about them. That is just plain sad. : ( I’m discovering that I don’t really like the person I become during the school year. Working 50+ hrs a week with no breaks doesn’t make me a very happy camper. On the bright side, I’m getting much use out of my $12 IKEA French press pot.
Although I no longer have the energy to do anything productive after about 5pm, I do seem to have the energy to browse other people’s lovely work. Anyone else like that? After a looooooong day, the only thing I am sometimes able to handle is drifting through Ravelry and craft blogs, getting inspired and saving up ideas for that magical thing I might have again one day called free time.
Lemme share some of my favorite recent discoveries:
- Hannah Fettig’s new project (and I think the pattern is coming out soon), the Effortless Cardigan. It looks so cozy, and I love it in the Madeline Tosh.
- Crestview, by Cecily Glowik Macdonald – go look at the back of this jacket! Wow! I also like how she styled it.
- I don’t really even quilt anymore and I don’t have any babies hanging around, but I still want to make this crib quilt!
- Have you seen Falling Stitches’ blog series, What’s Hot on Ravelry? Genius idea – she highlights recently added, definitely awesome patterns. Very cool and handy feature. Plus, how cute is her blog background?
- Interweave Knits Weekend is in stores now. I think I’m going to pick this up, if just for the Olivier Pullover alone. Cable love!
Alright, I’m off to eat the eggs Benedict my husband is making for dinner (and aren’t I a lucky, lucky girl?!) then collapse into bed! Looking forward to some knitting time this weekend, fingers crossed…