Cross another project off my WIP list! I finished my Branching Out scarf right before we left for New York, and today was the first somewhat sunny day to take photos of it.
Project: Branching Out scarf from Knitty, Spring 2005
Yarn: Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, 2 skeins in Aloe colorway
Notes: I probably wouldn’t do this scarf in such a heavy cotton again, but I bought the yarn as a beginning knitter and cast on as a medium-beginning knitter, so I didn’t really know any better. I also, for some reason, despite being able to knit lace like this and this, had trouble with the Branching Out pattern at first. I actually had to frog this several times. I eventually was able to memorize it after about 40 repeats. Heh.
1. Branching Out in Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, Aloe colorway, started Summer 06
2. Hexacomb Cardigan, started in March 08
3. Thuja, also started in March 08
4. Toe Up Socks, started Dec 07
5. Juno Regina, started March 08
6. Ms Marigold, started Summer 06
7. Composed Mitts, started Jan 08