I did the (minimal) finishing on Ms. Marigold today, washed it, dried it, and now it’s done. And it only took two years!
Pattern: Ms Marigold, by Zephyr Style.
Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in mint (something like 51% cotton, 49% acrylic), 3 skeins.
Needles: ??? Your guess is as good as mine. 6’s? 7’s?
Mods: I crocheted the ruffle on one sleeve, and decided it was a little too much for me so I left those out. I knit 99% of this tank 2 summers ago and Lord knows I don’t remember a damn thing about it, so I may have made more modifications.
General thoughts: Very cute tank. I machine washed and dried it with no shrinking. If I were to knit it again, I’d choose a nicer yarn. I got the TLC stuff as an alternative to Cotton Fleece because I was grad school poor; altogether I think it cost me about $11. I’d also knit the next size up. The bottom hem rides up a bit, and I’m somewhat on the busty side, so I could use some extra ease in that area. Overall, though I’m happy with it. I’ll wear it in public, and isn’t that the ultimate test of sweater satisfaction?
1. Branching Out in Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, Aloe colorway, started Summer 06
2. Hexacomb Cardigan, started in March 08
3. Thuja, also started in March 08
4. Toe Up Socks, started Dec 07
5. Juno Regina, started March 08
6. Ms Marigold, started Summer 06
7. Composed Mitts, started Jan 08