1. Branching Out in Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, Aloe colorway, started Summer 06
2. Hexacomb Cardigan, started in March 08
3. Thuja, also started in March 08
4. Toe Up Socks, started Dec 07
5. Juno Regina, started March 08
6. Ms Marigold, started Summer 06
7. Composed Mitts, started Jan 08
I finished Thuja last night! That brings the count down to 6 WIPs.
(Oh God, that looks terrible. They’re really not that uneven in length. The one is just more scrunched up so it looks shorter.)
Pattern: Thuja from Knitty, Winter 05
Yarn: Cascade Fixation, 2 skeins, color 5184
Needles: Addi Lace Turbo’s, size 1
Mods: I cast on 48 stitches, rather than 44. I also continued the seed stitch ribbing all the way down to the very tip of the toe.
I had fun knitting this pattern, and the socks went by pretty quickly. The Fixation is lovely on my feet – cool and springy. Too bad they’re not for me! Ha. I really recommend it as a warm weather yarn. The super-elasticity is also nice if you’re like me and have trouble, you know, knitting a perfectly fitting sock. No worries – they stretch!
I’m feeling quite motivated. I started the neckband for my Hexacomb last night. It feels good to actually finish things.